1-8.05.2021, Kopaniec, Dolina Harmonii, Poland
A prerequisite to a healthy life according to Ayurveda is regular cleansing of toxins (ama) from the body once or twice a year (spring and autumn). In winter our metabolism slows down, the body has less ability to clean itself. Therefore spring is a natural time of year to cleanse.
Why Ayurvedic Detox?
Ayurvedic detox is a natural, holistic and effective therapy for getting rid of toxins. It restores the balance of the body and mind enabling its recovery. It consists of an easily digestible cleansing diet, carefully selected movements and mind-calming practices. The purpose of detox is to restore the balance in the body which is the basis for initiating the self-healing process that is naturally achievable for all of us. Ayurveda assumes that everything in the world is a combination of the 5 elements: Water, Earth, Fire, Air and Ether. Various combinations of these elements form the 3 doshas which are responsible for different physiological and mental functions of man. The three doshas are Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
To maintain our health we need to keep a balance between these three doshas. Without this harmony we give diseases a chance. Cleansing is a routine part of re-balancing your health.
In Ayurveda we say that each person is unique and each has a different combination of doshas. Therefore there is no one rule or solution for everyone. For each person the balance between the doshas means different things. By detoxification we prepare the body for toxins to enter into our digestive system so that they can then leave it organically.
What can you expect?
Before starting the detox you will have an hour of online consultation with Miriam, a certified Ayurvedic therapist with years of experience. During the consultation, Miriam will advise you on how to prepare for the detox week. Recommendations will be adapted to your lifestyle, current health condition, daily activity and the amount of energy you have.
The advice may include:
• changes related to physical activity
• dietary suggestions
• indications for regular meditation or pranayama practice
All recommendations will be based on cooperation with you.
During the Detox Week we provide:
• daily consultations with Miriam (short 15-minute meetings during which pulse and
tongue are checked, ongoing analysis of cleansing progress)
• a set of herbs and teas to aid cleansing
• meals that will help in the cleansing process (2 meals a day and for participants
with greater hunger, soup will be available during the day)
• treatment tailored to your needs
• workshops in self-massage of the whole body with warm oil “abhyanga”
• daily yoga practice to support the cleansing process
• daily joint meditation or pranayama
• 2 sound healing concerts
• the possibility to book additional Ayurvedic treatments
Example day during the Detox Week:
• 15-minute consultation with Miriam and individually selected supplementation with
Ayurvedic herbs at the beginning of the day
• joint meditation or pranayama
• yoga practice
• the first meal
• Ayurvedic workshops
• free time / walks surrounded by nature
• a second meal
• sound bath / evening meditation / yoga nidra
Yoga and meditation
Movement and tranquility play an important role in the cleansing process. Therefore, throughout the trip you will be able to participate in daily yoga classes aimed at regeneration and supporting the removal of toxins. Most of the classes will be of mild intensity and will suit the participants energy levels.
During your trip you will also take part in relaxing nidra yoga sessions. Yoga nidra is a method that helps to inspire the process of introspection and passive mindfulness. It is a logical set of physical and mental exercises that lead to calming down and getting to know yourself more fully. It is compared to an inner journey which consists of observing and experiencing everything that is occurring in the body, mind and spirit at any given moment. Your yoga practice will be preceded by pranayama or meditation to help you enter your day with peace and balance.
During the sound bath the instruments that you will have the opportunity to listen to have not only relaxing properties but also healing properties for your body, mind and soul. Their strong vibrations support the release of energy blockages, clearing the energy channels of negative emotions. Singing crystal bowls produce sounds that enable a deep state of relaxation that helps you enter a state of meditation naturally. This is in addition to the traditional use of meditation bowls used for deep relaxation, stress reduction, holistic healing, Reiki, chakra balancing and music.
Each bowl is assigned to a single chakra and the rich mix of harmonic sounds produced by the bowls directly affects them. Playing these instruments usually produces an immediate centering effect. The sounds set up a “frequency response” that creates a balancing left / right
synchronization of the brain.
*IMPORTANT. Contraindications are epilepsy, pacemakers, acute conditions
anxiety and neurosis, psychoses, severe depression.
I am an Ayurvedic therapist, teacher and owner of Ayurdaay Nilayam.
In 2000 in Israel I got acquainted with Ayurvedic massage. I was so fascinated by it that in the Netherlands I started learning it in Nijmegen (eastern
part of the Netherlands). Along with the gratitude that I can offer Ayurvedic massage to people I longed for more
knowledge and depth about the wonderful knowledge and wisdom that Ayurveda offers. In 2010, I graduated
from HBO at the Ayurvedic Studies Academy in Amsterdam, where I worked for many years as a practical teacher.
Dorota (Agata’s sister)
My yoga story is a story about how passion has become a lifestyle and has become a permanent part of it. Movement was always present in my life, but over time I needed to be active not only for my body but something
holistic that would engage my mind as well. And so 12 years ago I found my first yoga class and stayed for good.
Over the years I have practiced different styles of yoga: vinyasa flow, power yoga and Iyengar yoga. Currently in my classes I combine what appeals to me most in particular styles, adding my dynamics and experience. I
try to approach each one individually, taking into account the possibilities, injuries and stage of advancement. It is important for me that everyone feels taken care of, but also motivated to work as best they can.
Agata (Dorota’s sister)
Music has been in my life for as long as I can remember. This is my second skin I breathe and dream through. It is my personal language and my medicine. My first
performances started at the age of three.
Each concert, sound bath is a journey to meditation and relaxation for me. I try to feel the dynamics and energy of the group and adjust the music to it. Through active and passive meditations, most often mu autorship, I want to help participants, reach the point of silence and contemplation or let go of the
accumulated and no longer serving emotions.
The Harmony Valley is a place of natural strength that has been created with personal transformation in mind. It is situated in a magical place in the Jizera Mountains in Poland. Those seeking a respite from the hustle and bustle of the city will find here a blissful rest, nourishing flavors, inspiring workshops, spiritual exploration and above all the soothing power of Nature.
The Harmony Valley is situated in a secluded place in the Jizera Mountains in the Natura 2000 area among meadows and forests with unique fauna and flora. Kopaniec, the nearest village, is 1.5 km away, and Szklarska Poręba is located just beyond the hill.
Cozy and comfortable double and triple rooms will allow you to take a break from the city noise and enjoy the uninterrupted silence and take full advantage of the benefits of yoga & Ayurveda.
Retreat dates: May 1-8, 2021
● Registration takes place via the application form: click here.
● After signing up for the workshop, within 48 hours you will receive an e-mail
confirmation of your application with all information and payment details.
● Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact form at the bottom
● The cost of the entire trip:
○ for subscriptions until March 1, 2021 – euro 800
○ After March 1, 2021 – euro 950
● The price includes:
○ 1 hour of consultations before departure with Miriam, a certified
○ Daily 15-minute consultations with Miriam during the trip
○ An individually selected set of herbs for each participant
○ Individually tailored treatment program
○ Cleansing diet
○ daily yoga sessions led by Dorota
○ 2 concerts on crystal bowls led by Agata
○ 1 cacao ceremony led by Agata
○ Daily meditation
○ accommodation in double and triple rooms
○ Workshops on self-massage Ayurvedic Abhyanga
● During the workshops, you can sign up individually for Ayurvedic massage
sessions and other Ayurvedic treatments offered by Agata, Miriam and
● The full range of treatments available during the workshops will be available
about 4 weeks before the workshop and sent by e-mail
● Take with you: loose, comfortable outfit and a yoga mat. If you have extra
yoga aids such as blocks and a belt take them with you as well
● Miriam’s lectures are in English. If necessary they will be translated into Polish
● Venue: Harmonia Valley, Kopaniec 69 A, 58-512 Stara Kamienica
● You can read more about the Harmony Valley here http://dolinaharmonii.pl/
● Access: if it is not possible to travel by own means of transport we promote
carpooling among participants. We encourage you to share free places in the
car. Participants’ announcements will be visible on the Facebook group.
○ You can’t get there anyway? Let us know, we’ll help you organize